Averett’s Study Abroad program offers academically-based experiences to support personal, professional and intellectual development. This program equips students to engage with local and global communities and become culturally perceptive citizens.
Why study abroad?
- Earn Averett University credit toward graduation and your major
- Gain a notable edge on the job market after college through travel experience and familiarity with a second language.
- Hone new language skills through immersion.
- Develop valuable global conscientiousness.
Study abroad criteria
Students who want to study abroad must be in good standing with the university. The criteria for good standing include:
- 2.0 GPA for undergraduates
- No behavioral sanctions in place from the Dean’s Office
- No account holds from the Business Office
Students must also present two letters of recommendation from professors who can speak to their academic ability and maturity. Find out more on the Study Abroad website.