Averett is proud of our diverse learning community made up of students from more than 19 countries. To make the transition easy for students, our Admissions Counselor works with you throughout the application process and provides:
- Assistance with immigration regulations
- Campus orientation programs specifically for you
- Cultural and social events to introduce you to Averett and America
How to Apply
To apply for admission to Averett University as an international student, you must provide proof of secondary education completion and evidence of sufficient English language proficiency, usually through TOEFL, IELTS, or SAT scores. If you are transferring from a university outside the United States, your transcript must be evaluated on a course-by-course basis by World Education Services.
- Submit your free online application by June 1, for fall admission, or November 1, for spring admission.
- Provide official translations of support documents (e.g., diplomas, identification) not written in English.
- Submit an official or certified copy of your secondary school transcript showing your courses and grades. If applicable, the school leaving certificate must accompany your transcript.
- Have your TOEFL and/or SAT 1 scores sent from the testing service (Averett’s code for the SAT and TOEFL is 5017) to Averett. We require a minimum TOEFL score of 500 (paper-based), 173 (computer-based) or 61 (Internet-based). We will accept your SAT score in lieu of a TOEFL if you achieve a minimum verbal score of 480.
- IELTS minimum score of 6.
- If you are transferring from a university outside the United States, submit an official or certified copy of your transcript and arrange for a course-by-course evaluation through World Education Services to be completed and sent to Averett.
Averett only accepts evaluations from World Education Services:
World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
Telephone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6120
How to Obtain Your Student Visa
After you are accepted and admitted to Averett, you must provide proof of financial support to obtain your I-20 visa.
Submit a $1,500 USD enrollment deposit and a completed Certification of Finances form. We accept bank transfers, money orders or checks. We will deduct the enrollment deposit from your first semester tuition.
After we accept the deposit, your I-20 can be issued.
Paying Fees with peerTransfer
flywire by peerTransfer is Averett University’s payment partner for international students. flywire by peerTransfer gives you access to highly favorable foreign exchange rates and, in most cases, will let you pay in your home currency. This offers most students significant savings compared to other banks.
Contact Your International Student Admissions Counselor
E-mail Matthew Mann, Director of Admissions and International Student Counselor, at [email protected] with questions about Averett’s international student policies.