Averett welcomes veterans, active-duty military service members and their family members. Our Virginia locations are close to many major military and Department of Defense (DoD) sites. More importantly, our military-friendly policies keep us closely connected to the military community. G.I. Jobs magazine put Averett in the top 20% of America’s most military-friendly schools for five consecutive years.
As a military student, you’ll benefit from:
- Up to 90 transfer credits for military experience and prior learning when verified by ACE, DANTES or CLEP transcripts
- 25% tuition discount for eligible military students, active DOD employees or their immediate family members when enrolled full-time
- Financial aid opportunities from the Yellow Ribbon Program
- Acceptance of Vocational Rehabilitation Education students
- Admissions and financial aid support from staff members who work only with military students