A lot goes into starting college life. We’ve pulled together your to-do list, now it’s up to you to take care of the details.
1 – Financial Aid
- If you haven’t already and intend to make use of it, please apply for Financial Aid.
- If you have completed the FAFSA and have any questions regarding your Financial Aid through Averett University, you can contact our Financial Aid office at 434-791-5646 or email [email protected]
- After depositing, you should receive an email with the subject line ‘Welcome to Averett University!’. This email contains your Averett credentials and more information on the next steps you will need to take after depositing. Please note that it may take a few days after you deposit before you receive this email.
- If you have not received this email after a few days, please reach out to your admissions counselor or call 434-791-5646.
3 – If Gmail is not already installed onto your phone, please be sure to download it to allow easy access to your email.
- Email will be the main form of communication for upcoming registration events so please be sure to check your AU email often!
4 – Discuss registering for classes with your admissions counselor.
5 – Complete your Placement Exams.
- All entering students (both first-year and transfer) must take the math placement test and the English placement test.
- Students (first-year and transfer) should take the Foreign Language placement test if they are:
- Considering taking a class in Spanish or French
- Have already studied Spanish or French at the high-school level or higher
- Planning to take Spanish or French to fulfill a General Education requirement
- Planning on earning a Bachelor of Arts degree
- For any issues with Canvas, please reference these guides. If the issues continues to persist, please email [email protected] with a detailed description of the issue.
- You must be signed into your AU email account to access your Placement Exams.
- Please note that Averett University requires some vaccinations before you can attend classes in person. All recommend and required vaccinations can be found here.
- If you have any questions regarding the vaccinations or the forms, please email [email protected] or call 434-791-5824.
Before Welcome Weekend
8 – Make sure your AP Exam results are sent to the admissions office.
9 – Send in your official final high school and/or college transcript(s) to your admissions counselor.
10 – If you are a student athlete, complete your Athletic Form.
- This is a separate form from your Health Form your Immunization records so, if you are planning to play a sport at Averett University, please be sure to complete and turn in both.
11 – Read ’12 Angry Men’ by Reginald Rose.
- During your first semester, all new students are required to attend IDS 101. You will be introduced to Averett throughout this class.
- You can find a free download version of the play here.
12 – Accept or waive your Averett Student Insurance.
- ALL students must accept or waive insurance.
13 – Finish any last minute paperwork or send in any forms that need to be completed before Welcome Weekend and move-in day!
**If you are an international student, please work with your admissions counselor to make sure you have all of your paperwork together. You will receive additional information regarding travel accommodations and what to bring with you in an upcoming email. Please email or call Matthew Mann at 434-791-5603 to receive your ROAR information.